Dr. Dorlen's Leadership in State and
spearheaded what has become the national
Psychologically Healthy Workplace Award, which
honors companies for providing psychologically healthy environments
for their employees. Under her leadership, New Jersey granted
the first Award. As a result, the governor proclaimed
October as "Psychologically Healthy Workplace Month" in New Jersey.
The NJPA program has inspired 40 state psychological
associations throughout the United States to offer the Award, now sponsored by
the American Psychological Association in conjunction with state
- Developed the Council
on Psychological Health in Our Communities in New Jersey, which
became the model for Public Education
Committees sponsored by the American Psychological Association and
state associations. Public Education Committees' mission is to provide psychological information to the public
via the media and other venues.
- Created Anti-Bullying Committee of the New
Jersey Psychological Association to work collaboratively with
schools and community residents to promote psychologically healthy
and safe climates in schools.
- Chosen by the
National Register of Health
Service Providers in Psychology as an "Eminent Psychologist"
interviewed for the four volume Legacy of Excellence
- Past President of the New Jersey Psychological Association.
- Council of Representatives, American
- Former member of the American Psychological Association's Committee
for the Advancement of Professional Practice (CAPP).
- Former Member of the New Jersey Psychological Association Ethics
- Chairperson of the Council on Psychological Health of the New
Jersey Psychological Association.
- Former Member of the Board of Directors of the National Register of
Health Service Providers in Psychology the credentialing
organization that enhances the education, training, and delivery of
services by psychologists throughout the United States and Canada.